Gloucester GL19 3BE
About the course
This is delivered by TIC+ in partnership with LRS Training who developed the course and is a CPCAB Accredited Level 5 course.
Overall Purpose/Aim of Training:
- To prepare already qualified counsellors to work therapeutically with children and young people.
- To adhere to the BACP Humanistic Competences framework for counselling Children and Young People.
- Counselling qualification at diploma level or above
- You must be a registered member of an appropriate professional body, i.e. BACP
- If you do a placement with TIC+;
i.Two References (one must be from your counselling employer or clinical supervisor)
ii.Enhanced children young people and vulnerable adult DBS check. This can be arranged for a fee of £55 if not already in place.
The course will run over 7 months on the following dates:
• Seminar 1: 12/13 September 2020
• Seminar 2: 17/18 October 2020
• Seminar 3: 28/29 November 2020
• Seminar 4: 9/10 January 2021
• Seminar 5: 20/21 February 2021
• Seminar 6: 20/21 March 2021
Lorraine Sherman – MBACP Snr Accred Lead clinical supervisor for CYP in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. Lecturer in Counselling and Counselling CYP. MA in consultative supervision. Author of “Skills in Counselling Children and Young People”.
Lawrence Railton – MBACP Snr Accred Experienced Counsellor of CYP. Lecturer in Counselling Trinity St. David. PD Dip(Dist) Counselling CYP. MA Counselling CYP.
Delivered by TIC+ tutors with many years’ experience working with children and young people:
Sue Cook (MBACP) – Sue has a Masters (MSc) in Counselling Psychology and a Post Graduate Diploma in Enhanced Evidence Based Practice for Working with Children and Young People with Depression and Anxiety. She is Counselling Services Manager and a Senior Counsellor at TIC+.
£1699 including CPCAB registration & certificate or £1520 without.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.